Sunday, May 12, 2013

Races are coming up! Finally!

     Well after training since 3rd week of November for a successful Boston Marathon I finally have some other races to run.  All that training will hopefully payoff in the next three weeks. I have the Colfax Marathon to do after working all night May 19, yep no sleep for 16 hours before the marathon. I think this will help with running while tired for Leadville 100.  I then have a fun 10k in Boulder May 27, followed by a 50 miler June 1. So my next three weeks will consist of racing, recovering, and racing again. Can't wait to see how my body holds up and hopefully be able to feel good after the races. My coach has put the brakes on any sub 3 hr marathon or personel best times in the 50 miler but I will still have great time on the trails. Also the weather has finally broke around here so hopefully after these three races I can get up to Leadville and train on the course. I would like to run every step of the 100 miles of the course atleast once. Hope Pass is one of the big climbs in the race I need to get atleast 3-4 crossings of that also. Oh well time to pick up the mileage and elevation to make final run towards the big buckle.
Stephen!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment