Tuesday, May 7, 2013

2013 so far and future!

     First post in awhile but will be keeping track of races and life experiences more frequently.  So far in 2013 my life has been consumed with training for the Boston Marathon.  I started in November 2012 by working with a running coach (footfeathers.blogspot.com) and the clear goal was to go sub 3 hours at Boston.  I put in more running miles in that time frame then I thought I ever could.  The result was 2:58:47 in Boston.  I have to tell you though I don't want to run that fast for awhile and I went farther into my pain threshold then I ever had and was sore for a full 4 days afterwards.  Boston was a great experience and luckily we where outta town before the bombs went off and god bless for that.
                                    Happy to be done!
          
     My wife & I at finish it was nice to have her there through it all! 

     Since Boston I have gotten back into training quite well, I have stopped doing the fast sub 7 min miles and restructured training towards elevation gain & loss.  I have many races coming up but most are long training runs toward the main A race which is the Leadville 100, Aug 17.  I am super stoked for this year of races and hopefully I can increase mileage while staying healthy and have a great finish at Leadville.  More to come for now gotta get out and enjoy the weather,
Stephen!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment