Thursday, May 24, 2012

Races where a success!

Well my last post explained how my training was going to work.  Well it went very well.  I ran the Collegiate Peaks 50 miler and obtained my goal of a sub 9 hour finish.  Then the Colfax Marathon was my next challenge and I PR'd by 28 min running a 3:07:55 and qualified for the Boston Marathon.  The first two races this year where a great success and hopefully the next 3-4 will also be.  The next race on my schedule is the Northfork 50 miler June 30.  It will be a hot & hilly course with temps in the 90's and elevation gain/loss of 7200 ft.  I am recovered well from the marathon so let the new training begin.  I will add in a hill workout every week along with sauna time leading up to the race.  My miles topped out around 50 - 60 weekly miles for the last couple weeks so hopefully I can get in the 60 - 70 weekly mileage range.  I also want to climb as many 14ers this summer as possible.  I did 3 14ers in one day already this early year with atleast 12 more to come.  There are some great runs I want to do this summer also- Maroon Bell loop, Colorado trail from Kenosha pass to Breckenridge, and 31 mile road up to Mt Evans summit.  Well plenty of running going on but not enough time to do it.  Well see ya for now!   

No comments:

Post a Comment