Monday, March 5, 2012

Training?

Well training has been going pretty well.  I am trying to build up my miles and do plenty of speed work to get my PR in the marathon.  My winter weight is coming off at good pace it seems like the Paleo diet is the way to go for me.  I did a 20 mile time trial to see what my fitness is and I ran 2:43:30 which is 8:10 per mile then met TP for a 8 miler after that.  I was very happy about this time considering I still have 12ish lbs to lose to get to my racing weight of roughly 170lbs but my HR stayed in the 150's most of the run.  I feel better running at the weight of 170lbs but couldn't stay that way year round.  I have had my bodyfat checked at that weight & it was 10% range.  It's starting to look as if spring is on its way 60's next couple days will be great.  Well back to training for my race packed summer.  I will be doing the Collegiate Peaks 50 miler April 28, which has 5000 ft elevation gain/lose.  My run after that will be Colfax Marathon in downtown Denver.  Training for both of these races can be a challenge knowing I need speed to do marathon but lots of endurance for 50 miler.  I try to get multiple running distances in training from fast 5k's to long 20 milers.  There is a 100k coming up March 17, it is not a race just a few runners getting together to run 62 ish miles along the Highline Canal Trail.  It should be fun to run with new people and get a loonnngggg training run in.  Well till next time,
Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment