Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Family and Training!

     Well it has been a while since I posted with alot of family stuff going on and me working alot it has been hectic.  There hasn't been much time for running but the time off has done me good.  I have started to run religiously again and can't wait for my first race April 28 which is the Collegiate Peaks 50 miler.  The race is 50 miles through the mountains in the shadow of the numerous 14ers I have hiked & plan on hiking.  I am going to take my running serious this year.  I have numerous ultras planned for the year all leading up to the Boulder 100 which I have some unfinished business with.  Boulder 100 will be my only 100 miler but with 6-8 marathons and ultra distance races planned I should be in tip top shape by then.  I reallly have some steep goals set for myself this year.  I want to get a personal record (PR) in marathon, 50k, and 50 miler.  The 50k & 50 miler won't be hard cause I have never ran that distance before.  I have PR of 3:35ish in the marathon which I think I can get under 3:20 so I have Colfax Marathon planned for May 20th, which is 1 day before my daughter graduates and I will have family in town that have never seen me race so hopefully I can pull some energy from them.  Well I will do better with my postings but for now just time to put some miles on my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment