Saturday, November 5, 2011

Training week Oct. 30 - Nov. 5

Training went pretty well this week considering there was 11 inches of snow when we woke up wednesday morning.  This week had 4 good runs with lots of good rest.  This is how the week broke down-
Sunday Oct. 30- Rest
Monday Oct. 31- 26 miles / 2750 ft
Tuesday Nov. 1- 6.5 miles / 775 ft
Wednesday Nov. 2- 11 inches of snow, Rest of course!
Thursday Nov. 3- 8.75 miles / 884 ft
Friday Nov. 4- Rest Dr. appointment!
Saturday Nov. 5- 11.6 miles / 1075 ft
Totals- 52.85 miles / 5484 ft
Friday I had a Dr. appointment to cut out a lesion in my right ear.  My wife has been noticing a weird looking mole in my ear & the EENT Dr. thought it could be worth my wild to have it removed & biopsied.  The bad thing is we have a long wait (Nov. 14) until my follow-up appointment to find out results.  It is hard not to look at your life & wonder what I have done to possibly get a diagnoses of cancer at age of 37 years old?  I have made a total 360 turn to take back my life after ballooning up to 275 lbs & now my life could take another 360 turn.  I have thought about it so much in the last couple weeks that I just want it over.  Whatever the results i'll take it in stride & do further tests, chemo, surgery or whatever I need to.  I really think about my life while I run.  Many people ask me how can I run for hours at a time?  Well it is easy when you think about your life & time seems to fly by before you know it hours/miles have went by.  The next week in training the weather is supposed to be mild with highs in the 40's-50's most days so I will try to get over the 60 mile hump & put together a nice training week.  This sunday before NFL football I am going to get it a nice long "thinking" run on some great single track on the Indian Creek Trail.  Well hopefully everyone has great week & get outside & enjoy the nice weather before we are complaining about below zero temps,
Peace Stephen!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment