Sunday, October 30, 2011

Training Week!

The last week of training has been very good except for to much to drink at Halloween Party saturday night so an extra day of rest was included.  In the long run of my training it will help out this week since I am increasing my miles to above 60 miles per week.  So this week looked like this-
Sunday Oct. 23- 10 miles / 1873 ft
Monday Oct. 24- 13.25 miles / 3285 ft
Tuesday Oct. 25- 6.4 miles / 821 ft
Wednesday Oct. 26- Rest
Thursday Oct. 27- 11.3 miles / 1080 ft
Friday Oct. 28- 8 miles/ 978 ft
Saturday Oct. 29- Rest Halloween Party (6-8 Microbrews/not miles)
Totals- 48.95 miles / 8037 ft
So a lot of fast running (8:00 - 8:30 min/mile) with a good mix of trails mixed in.  The 8037 ft of elevation up & down was pretty good but it will increase in the next months.  Kelley & I are looking into doing a January Half/Full marathon so Carlsbad, Ca has our eye & plans are being made for that.  I believe my fitness at this time can get me a PR but I would love to qualify for the Boston Marathon which is a marathon time of 3:10 which came down from 3:15 in 2011.  Oh well train hard as I can then love the vacation to California for midwinter.  Well next week will continue to get harder miles wise.  I am planning to test my marathon fitness & run a marathon at 4 hours & see how I feel the days afterwards.  Until next post have fun,
Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment