Thursday, October 6, 2011

A long time!

Well it has been along time since I posted.  I am going to start doing a better job of keeping posts of activities that my family are doing.  The family & I just got back from a 10 day trip to Mickey Mouse Land.  It was a well needed vacation from the three day a week job me & my wife work.  While we where there we ran the Disney Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon.  The race starts at 10 pm & we ran through Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios ending at the entrance to Epcot.  At Epcot the Wine & Dine Festival was going on & we enjoyed some good eats along with some good & not so good beers from different countries.
                                                                                                                
                                                                             Pre-race

                                                                                                       Me around halfway

                                                                                                      Kelley during run

The family at Disney in front of the castle.

We really had a great time both going to Disney & running the race.  I finished the half marathon in 1:36:29 which is a PR for me!  But I have never ran one before.  I took advantage of the food plan & ate so I ran this race probably 18-20 lbs more than my usual race weight of 170 ish.  Kelley improved her PR by over 4 minutes running 2:46:30.  Kelley must of been drinking heavily when she made the decision to sign up for another half marathon only 8 days later but this one will be in Denver.  So we will have another race October 9, I am not signed up but I will jump in with Kelley & help her through her 2 weekend of races.  I know Kelley says she is disappointed with her time but I am just proud of her to take on her own type of ultra.  When she finishes the Denver race that will be 3 half marathons this summer a very big accomplishment for her.  As for my racing I am running the 24 hours of Boulder Oct. 15.  The race will be interesting indeed, running for 24hrs doing as many 7.14 mile loops as possible.  I ran this race in 2009 & had 71.4 miles in 14 hours & called it quits so hopefully I can get over 100 miles.  I will give reports for the next couple weekends but until then hopefully everyone can get outside & enjoy the nice fall weather.  The mountains are getting snow as I am typing this post so snowboarding will be just around corner.  

No comments:

Post a Comment