Thursday, May 27, 2010

The next chapter in my life!

     Well this has been my first post in awhile & why?  Well because I have been taking a break from any serious running.  I am feeling a whole lot better also with no knee pain or muscle soreness.  |I also have been spending a lot more time with the family & getting more sleep inpart to not going on 8-12 hour hikes in the early am.  I still love to hike in the mountains & the outdoors because of course I do live in Colorado.  I have been spending the majority of my time in the rec center lifting weights trying to get a better overall body fitness.  I still run regulary but just not 20+ miles.  I love to do a fast 5k still just because I can.  My body is loving the break from all the running also so I don't know if I will ever run any race/training run farther than a marathon again in my life.  I really enjoy going to the rec center & running/lifting for 1.5-2 hours & going home.  Since my family & I are going on a 3 week vacay I thought I would try to get a beach body (haha) so I would look good in my board shorts.  Well we leave June 2 in the am so I will post some pics or just go to my wifes facebook I am sure she will have tons of pics.  I have changed my websites I visit to a couple of great websites that will show anyone who wants to lose weight how to.  The primal blueprint is a great website (and book) that I look at it explains to everyone how we shouldn't eat any complex carbs.  Pretty much eat like a caveman.  Eating lean meats, veggies, fruit, & nuts in our diet.  Excluding all beans, bread, corn, & grains.  The main calories you eat are protein & fat calories.  You still get plenty of carbs from the fruits & veggies so this is no Atkins diet & once you stop doing this diet no you won't gain all the lost weight back.  I know everyone is shaking their head thinking how can you go without eating bread?  Well if you want a sandwich use a couple pieces of romaine lettuce.  It is a great way to cut extra calories from your diet.  I have been eating this way for 6 months and my body feels awesome.  Lots of energy, no muscle soreness, & loss of fat.  I went to have my body fat % done by a personel trainer at the rec center & it read 11.5%!  Just to think I once weighed 270lbs & now 175 & 11.5% body fat.  What a long trip that has been.  So if your looking to lose some unwanted weight (which who isn't) then check out the website.  Well you all have fun this summer & remember you can change your body into whatever you want & your body just might love you for it.   
Peace Stephen!                

No comments:

Post a Comment