Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Life after Leadville 100!

     I was going to write a post about the Leadviile 100 but I need to move on from that and get ready for my next races.  Simple race report, had great time, nutrition was spot on, crew was spot on, and had a great time with my pacers and ran a 23:13:54!  Since the race I have been in a funk for sure, not wanting to get out to run by making excuses, and just feeling blah at best.  My family and I went home (to St. Louis) for 6 days and I thought I would get out to run more.  I managed to run a sad-ass 14 miles total.  As of 9/4 I am back to training full time to get ready for the Bear Chase 100k Sept. 28.  I would love to have a good showing there, which would be sub 10 hours hours for me.  I ran 4:30 for 50k last year and think sub 10 is within my reach.  Another race I am very excited about is the Pere Marquette 7.4 mile trail race in Alton, Il.  I actually ran the course when I was home and ran 1:10, which would put me in top 100 but I am shooting for top 3 in my age group.  I think I can actually run sub 1 hour pretty easily and hopefully closer to 55 minutes.  They make this race out to be the toughest race in the midwest but I have my doubts with only 1600 ft gain in 7.5 miles it wasn't that bad but it was a dry trail also.  The race is held December 14 this year so weather will have a lot to do with finish times.  I decided to throw my name into the lotteries of a few big races next year.  The lotteries are in December and January for the big 100 mile races which include Hardrock 100, Western States 100, and Badwater 135 mile races, hopefully I can get into one of them.  I have a very fun year planned for next year and hopefully I can train through my last two races this year and take some much needed time off. 
Peace Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment