Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moab 100!

Well the training is mostly done & the mind starts to turn. Did I do enough training? After not finishing my last 100 miler can I finish this one? Only time will tell but one thing I can tell you I am going to be a lot more laid back at this run. I am willing to run this 100 miler in 29 hours & 59 minutes if I have to. I always make 3 different goals for my 100 mile runs, 1) Ultimate Goal, 2) Very Happy goal, 3) Finish! Well my ultimate goal would be run under 20 hours, Happy Goal is beating my PR for 100 miles which is under 21:37, then the finish part is the main goal. A lot of things happen during these runs, when a runner does a marathon they usually talk about hitting the WALL. Well in a 100 miler you hit numerous WALLS. The up & down of emotion in a 100 miler is tremendous. One can go from barely being able to walk to running sub-10 min miles in an hour or less. Well I believe that my mind set will be ready this run to do what I can to reach one of these goals. I can't wait to spend some time with my father getting some fly fishing in before the run then having him help me reach my ultimate goal which we will celebrate together with a HUGE steak as we did in Texas. Well to everyone training for runs or any type of sporting events remember to give it your all & finish will be better then not trying at all.
Peace Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment