Saturday, November 21, 2009

Taking a break!

Well i went out for a run the other day & felt like total crap, legs are tired, sore, & all around fatigue. I do believe i will take some time off from training & gain some weight, eat everything I want, & let my legs rest. I will still be snowboarding regularly & lifting weights so hopefully i will still stay below 185ish so when training picks up i can drop my extra weight & get back to training weight of 170ish. My father is still coming out for my next 100 which is in Moab so i'll be ready when the time comes March 27. Most endurance runners take time totally off or back there training way down to help their bodies recover from the high miles we tend to run. If i start training & doing some long marathon & 50k runs the beginning of the year then I can run sub 20 hour at Moab 100. I learned a lot at the Boulder 100 about pacing myself & running my race not chasing everyone else. Well until the next post everyone have good holidays coming up & enjoy each others company, remember life is too short to hold grudges & family is everything in the end.
Peace Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment