Monday, October 19, 2009

Boulder 100!

This was after the 3rd lap ready to run another but also my down moment was coming after this.
You think my down time could've been from the 2 pieces of pizza & a choc milk at 70 degrees? NAH!
Still looking good at 64 miles after lap 9!
Here is 71.40 miles into a 100 miler man i am looking HOT!

Well the run went well until 71.40 miles where my left knee started to bother me. It was 14 hours into the run & I had a great race until then. My race had started off way to fast & I had a very bad moment during the 4th lap from miles 22 to 28. I walked & got my legs back & was able to begin running again. The laps went by fast after that until mile 70 where my knee began hurting I hobbled into the finish of lap 10. After telling the race director I was finished I was told that I was in first place at the time. I was very stunned by this but I think I made a good decision by dropping out & chalked it up to a very good 71.40 mile training run. I made a promise to my wife that I would never drop out of another race unless I had a broken bone or was unconscious. The race was a very good teaching day for me, I learned that not to go out to fast & keep to a very good plan & 100 miles is still 100 miles, a very long race. I ran with another runner named Martin Fagan & he ran the best race of the day & won the 100 miler. Well a couple days afterwards I am a little sore & my two big toenails are going to fall off but hey just two more charms on my toenail necklace. After they fall off then i'll take a updated photo & post it. Well everyone be good & have fun & remember "That that does not kill you, makes you stronger"!
Thanks Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment